Here are a few easy to follow nutrition rules that will help you build a bigger, leaner physique:
• Eat every 2-3 hours. This keeps you in an anabolic state and keeps your metabolism running along so that you don’t get fat.
• Build your meals around a base of lean protein and shoot for one gram per pound of bodyweight per day. The only time you would need more than this is when you are dieting and your carbs are extremely low.
• Eat vegetables at every meal except breakfast. Not only are they incredibly healthy and provide tons of nutrients and fiber but they slow down the absorption of your meals leading to less bodyfat accumulation.
• Eat organic whenever possible. There is so much crap in the food we eat today that it is really a smart decision to eat organic as often as you can.
• Avoid sugars, artificial sweeteners and saturated fats as much as possible. Some saturated fat in meats is ok, but really try to cut out the sugar and artificial sweeteners.
• Eat carbs at breakfast and around your workout. Cut out carbs at night.
• Drink at least a half gallon of water per day. A gallon is usually better, especially in the summer.
• Watch your sodium intake. And when I say that I mean it in the opposite way that most people and doctors would think I mean it. I mean to be sure your sodium intake is adequate. This is especially true for athletes who play in the summer time. Without adequate sodium levels your performance can suffer. Adequate sodium levels also help to maintain strength while dieting.
For more in depth nutritional info check out MuscleGainingSecrets.com