Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Are You Too Busy To Workout?

Many times I hear this excuse from people who do absolutely no exercise at all. They say they have no time to train. They feel and look terrible yet they have no intentions of doing anything about it.

I was at the park doing some sprints a few days ago and saw a guy there pushing his kids on the swings. When they got off the swings and went to play on something else the guy, in his mid forties, went over to the chin up bar and attemted to do a single rep.

He couldn't even get half way up!

A grown man who couldn't do a single chin up...What a disgrace. The sad thing is that I have seen this exact scenario at least a dozen times at the park.

How can you even consider yourself a man? What would you do if you ever had to defend or protect your wife or kids?How can you look yourself in the mirror and live with yourself if you are in that kind of shape and that pathetically weak?

The excuse of not having enough time is a lame one. No matter how much you work and how many responsibilities you have, there is always time to exercise. The problem is that most people think an efficient workout has to last an hour or two. This is complete BS. Often times I will train for no more than 20-30 minutes on a very busy day. If you can honestly tell me that you don't have 20-30 minutes per day for exercise, you need to take a serious look at your life and your priorities.

An efficient strength training workout can be accomplished with as few as two or three exercises and be completed in as little as twenty minutes. Just by making time each day to do that small amount of exercise, you will feel ten times better. The workouts in How To Get Jacked all average about 40 minutes but if you are pressed for time they can be shortened to meet your schedule. If time is your enemy, try this: Go to the gym (or your basement or garage) and do a brief warm up. After warming up pick one pushing exercise, one squatting exercise and one pulling exercise. Do 2-3 sets of each for 6-10 reps each. You will be in and out of the gym in 20 minutes but the positive benefits will be with you for the next few days. Don't think that if you don't have at least 4-6 hours a week, it's worthless to do anything at all. Nothing could be further from the truth.

No excuses.
****************

For more info on time saving workouts click HERE, but first check out what people are saying about How To Get Jacked, below:

"I have gained about a good 11 pounds so far of my goal to 200 now at 183, so thanks alot for a successful program man."
Ryan Liska

"Great Book!"
Richard Bell

"Thank you for making the material and I look forward to learning from you for years to come! My training is taking off and I have to thank you for alot of it."
William Southern

"Thank you for writing the book. It helped me out a lot. I'm 30 years old and have been working out since I was 15. I'd been stalled out at 175 pounds for years and years; after reading your book I finally broke that barrier and jumped up to 200 pounds. I'd been stuck doing the standard split routine for so long; I'd given up hope that I'd ever bulk up, but I stuck with weight training because of the mental benifits I got from working out. Anyway thanks a lot for passing on your knowledge, it's given me a new zest for weight training."
Thanks,
Mike Orr

"Great work on the book and opening me up to some great ideas. Keep it up."
Andre Hernandez