Thursday, April 19, 2007

Things That Suck

First of all I have to apologize for my lack of posting lately. I have been incredibly busy with several things, including trying to finish a new project which will be launching in the next few weeks.

I promise I will get back to posting on a more frequent basis very soon.

Anyway, here's a list of things that suck (in no particular order):

1) Articles about the leg extension or smith machine being bad- OK, we fucking get it! EVERYBODY gets it. And I may be going out on a limb here but I don't think it's really cutting edge information anymore.

2) Dynamic warm ups- to quote my friend and world famous fitness expert who shall remain nameless, "fuck dynamic warmups (gayest term ever - even jogging is a fucking dynamic warmup - the only thing thats not a fucking dynamic warmup is standing motionless - idiots).

3) The anti static stretching movement- Static stretching is fine. Get over it.

4) Arguing full body workouts vs. splits- They both work in different situations. There is no right or wrong. Accept the fact.

5) Trying to constantly find the fastest acting post workout combo to put in a shake- Who gives a rat's ass? If I am able to replenish glycogen in two minutes or two hours, what difference does it really make? I'm not training again until TOMORROW!!! I'm sure I'll be fine and that the super lightning fast reverse osmosis hydrolyzed krprtonized, micronized, sanitized, desensitized, over analyzed, hypnotized, mesmerized whey wont work that much better than skim milk.

6) Articles about how steady state aerobic exercise sucks- The point has been made a million times. It's no longer cutting edge information. And it's still not 100% right. Like my good friend Jim Wendler said to me on the phone yesterday, "the last thing we need to do is being telling all the overweight people in this country that jogging is no good. Everyone should run a mile a day and maybe we'd all be a little healthier."

7) Lifting forums- Arguing training with someone on an internet training forum is about as whey(thanks to Jim for this term) as you can get.

8) Writing about how great you are in every article you write.

9) Strength coaches or trainers who can't squat at least 405. Are you kidding me?

10) Getting your bicep and ditch of your elbow tattooed. Call me a bitch, but that hurts.

11) Lists that end with 10.