Thursday, April 10, 2008

You... The Next Ultimate Fighting Champion?


“Hey, what’s up buddy? You lost a bunch of weight, huh? You look... good.”

That’s what my friend Ron said to me yesterday when I saw him for the first time in a few months. Good meant skinny. He just didn’t know what else to say.

Later, I walked into a restaurant I hadn’t been to in a couple months to meet a friend for lunch. The owner came up to me as soon as we got there and gave me his take on the situation. “Trimming down, huh buddy? You look good!”

Again, good was code for skinny.

Since it has finally started warming up here in Jersey, I put on a t-shirt last night before heading to the gym. It’s one of my favorite t-shirts but one I hadn’t worn in a few months.

I was swimming it… and drowning in sadness. Anyone who was once a painfully skinny hardgainer and then went on to put on a significant amount of muscle knows how distressing it can be to lose it.

When I arrived at the gym, my friend and often time training partner, John Alvino, told me, “Bro, I hate to say this to you and have been holding it back for the last couple weeks but I can’t take the sight of you at that size anymore. It’s actually making me sick. You’re done with that scam. You gotta slap at least 15 pounds back on immediately.”

After I stopped laughing I told him he was right and that I had already made that decision on the way to the gym and was committed to gaining all my size and strength back over the course of the next six weeks.

As I lay in bed last night with my girlfriend, I started to tell her about all of the comments that people had made about my weight loss throughout the course of the day but before I couldn’t even get a word out her hands wandered to my biceps and a second later she jokingly quipped, “Where’d they go?”

Ok, I get it. I vow to gain it all back within six weeks.

Now, leave me alone ;)

The upside of this story is that today makes it all worth it. The hard work, the stress and the weight loss were all worth it this morning when I walked into Barnes & Noble and saw my new book sitting right on the table at the front of the store.

As many of you know, I have made my living training athletes for the last 15 years. I am particularly fond of working with combat athletes, in particular, and the training methods used to transform them into unstoppable warriors. I have compiled all of those years of knowledge and experience into a brand new book from Penguin Publishing called Fit to Fight: An Insanely Effective Strength & Conditioning Program for the Ultimate MMA Warrior.

Within the books 200 pages you will discover:


• The secrets of developing never ending stamina and relentless energy that will allow you to outlast every adversary in your path.

• Proven training methods guaranteed to build animal-on-the-attack speed and quickness.

• A fully detailed, 16 week combat training program with over 100 exercise pictures and descriptions

• How to incinerate body-fat and radically boost your conditioning levels with my top 7 high intensity, sprint workouts.

• Logs, sandbags, kegs, tires and more. Learn how “dinosaur training” can turn you into a dominant warrior who wreaks havoc on all who stand in your way.

• The top 30 bodyweight-only conditioning exercises proven to develop the strength and endurance of a champion...even if you don't have access to a gym or any equipment at all.

And much, much more.

If you compete in MMA or just take classes recreationally; this is the book for you. If you don’t do either but are looking for an incredible program to get in unbelievable shape and bring up your strength, speed and endurance, while developing a head turning physique; this is the program for you.

Click HERE now to order your copy today!